This post contains affiliate links. Which means I will make a commission at no extra cost to you should you click through and make a purchase. Read the full disclosure here.
Are you struggling to find loving and encouraging words for yourself?
Implementing self-love habits into your daily routine can be difficult, especially if you tend to engage in negative self-talk.
That’s why developing positive affirmations is a great way to build up internal motivation and confidence.
To help make it easier for you, we’ve put together this list of 81 self-love affirmations – perfect for jotting down in your favorite journal!
Reflect on these powerful statements, and each one will impact how you think about yourself if given a chance.
So don’t hesitate – let’s get started with some words that bring lightness and warmth into your life today!
- What Are Self-Love Affirmations?
- Why Do Self-Love Affirmations Work?
- The Benefits Of Self-Love Affirmations
- The Best Self-Love Affirmations For You
- How To Use Self-Love Affirmations & Put Them Into Practice
- Start Using Your Self-Love Affirmations Today
- More Resources Related To Self-Love Affirmations
What Are Self-Love Affirmations?
Self-love affirmations are positive self-statements or mantras that you can use to focus your attention on treating yourself with more love and taking the time to practice self-care.
In particular, self-love affirmations focus on empowering yourself and recognizing your own worth as an individual, as well as self-confidence, self-respect, kindness, compassion, and self-acceptance.
When you start to focus on self-love instead of self-doubt or self-criticism, it’s easier to recognize your worth and the power that resides within you.
As a result, these self-love affirmations can help you create the self-fulfilling life you’ve always wanted while feeling more empowered and valued in the process.
Why Do Self-Love Affirmations Work?
Self-love affirmations work because your subconscious is incredibly powerful and can shape your thoughts and beliefs about yourself without you even realizing it.
By repeating positive affirmations over time, their messages will become more ingrained in your mind until they become part of who you are.
The idea being that the more positive thoughts you have about yourself, the less you’ll hold yourself back with negative self-talk. Which in turn will make it easier for you to achieve success and feel fulfilled in life!
The Benefits Of Self-Love Affirmations
The self-affirmations for love are not a magic pill. But they can certainly help you to make positive changes in your life with some thought and effort.
In particular, self-love affirmations can help to:
Increase Confidence & Self-Esteem
By repeating self-affirming statements that focus on self-love, you can start to shift your mindset away from self-doubt or self-criticism and towards self-acceptance and assurance by reminding yourself that you have something valuable to offer the world.
Improved Mental Health & Greater Resilience
When self-love affirmations are used regularly, they can help to improve your mental health and boost your resilience in the face of difficult times.
They can serve as reminders to be kind to yourself and that you have self-worth. Which can give you the strength to push past any self-doubt, difficult life challenges, or fear that may be holding you back.
Increased Happiness & Self-Satisfaction
When self-love affirmations become a habit, you’ll be able to increase your self-satisfaction and happiness. Because by focusing on self-love instead of self-doubt or self-criticism, it’s easier to recognize the power that resides within you.
This can lead to greater levels of overall happiness due to feeling better about yourself as well as making it easier to create a self-fulfilling life that brings you joy.
Enhance Self-Compassion & Kindness Towards Yourself
When self-love affirmations become part of your mindset routine, it’s easier to practice self-compassion, like forgiving yourself for mistakes and shortcomings.
They also enable you to be more mindful of your thoughts, feelings, and experiences without self-criticism, self-judgment, or negative self-talk.
Higher Productivity & Self-Motivation
With increased confidence and self-esteem, self-affirmations can also help to improve self-motivation and productivity.
By recognizing your own self-worth, you’ll be more likely to set goals and strive towards them without fear of failure or lack of self-confidence holding you back.
The Best Self-Love Affirmations For You
Now that you know a bit more about self-love affirmations and how they can help increase self-love and self-confidence. Let’s look at 81 examples of self-love affirmations you can actually use!
- My self-confidence will never be shaken by what others think or say about me
- It is safe for me to be vulnerable and honest with myself about my feelings
- I trust my self-love journey and take each step with confidence
- My self-worth comes from within, and I am enough—just as I am
- My self-love affirmations will help me to stay true to myself and be unapologetically me!
- I always prioritize self-care and self-love in my life
- I will strive to improve even further each day in order to reach my fullest potential
- My self-worth is more than enough, and I choose self-acceptance over self-criticism every day
- I am worthy of self-trust and self-confidence
- It is okay to be wrong sometimes because it helps me learn more about who I really am
- I trust in myself and know that I can succeed
- Self-love affirmations will help me stay on the path of self-fulfillment
- I will not let fear stand in the way of achieving my dreams
- My self-love affirmations will help me to stay strong inside and out
- Self-love is an ongoing journey and I will not put a timeline on my growth or progress
- I believe in my own strength and abilities
- I know that self-love is a journey, and I trust it will lead me to a place of self-acceptance and peace
- I will be patient and kind to myself during difficult moments
- I will be patient with myself, even when the progress is slow
- Self-confidence comes from believing in myself
- I trust in my abilities to achieve great things
- I accept that I am strong and capable of great things
- I am worthy of respect and kindness
- I am open to learning and growing
- I love myself enough to take care of my mental and physical health
- I deserve to be happy
- I will choose courage over self-doubt when facing decisions
- I am at peace with who I am
- I choose to focus on the positive in every situation
- Self-love is worth celebrating every single day—I choose self-love!
- I embrace my individuality and give myself permission to be who I am
- It is okay to be imperfect, and I can still love myself
- Today, I will focus on self-love and self-care
- I recognize the power of my thoughts and use positive self-talk to manifest greatness in my life
- Self-care supports me in living a life full of self-acceptance and peace
- I am the only person who can give me self-love and self-acceptance
- Everything I need to succeed is within me, including self-love and self-compassion
- I will set healthy boundaries for myself and others
- I love and accept myself no matter what happens in life
- My self-worth is not determined by my achievements
- Today, I choose to be kind to myself and be mindful of self-talk
- I am capable of achieving my goals
- I choose self-confidence over self-doubt every single day
- I love who I am and what I have to offer the world
- I choose self-confidence over self-doubt and self-belief over self-criticism
- I am beautiful, capable, and worthy of self-love
- I trust my own judgment, decisions, and choices
- I forgive myself for any mistakes I have made
- I trust my own intuition and follow my own path
- I will celebrate all my successes and appreciate every small step forward
- I am reclaiming my self-love and self-worth
- I let go of self-judgment and embrace self-love and self-care
- I will be kind and compassionate to myself by speaking positively about who I am
- No matter what life throws at me, I can always count on self-love to help me through it
- No matter what happens, I always have my self-care and self-love to fall back on
- I am capable of creating positive change in my life through self-acceptance and self-belief
- I am worthy of self-acceptance and self-love no matter what
- I choose to think positively no matter what challenges come my way
- Every day I will affirm my self-love in positive ways
- I am loved, respected, and valued
- I am enough, just as I am in this moment
- I am worthy of self-confidence and self-acceptance
- I will always be my own best friend and cheerleader
- I take time to practice self-care routines that nourish my mind, body, and soul
- I am capable of self-love and self-care
- I am open to self-love and self-care, which brings positive energy into my life
- I am enough exactly as I am
- I give myself permission to let go of self-doubt and live life fully
- I will be kind to myself on a daily basis
- I set boundaries that are healthy for me
- I understand that the choices made today shape who I become tomorrow
- I let go of negative thoughts and focus on self-improvement
- My self-worth is not dependent on anyone else’s values or opinions
- No matter what happens in life, self-love is an essential
- I will not let negative self-talk or self-doubt control my life
- I am always on my self-love journey, no matter how far I have come—I choose self-love
- I choose to think positively about myself, others, and life in general every day
- I will focus on self-improvement and self-growth each day
- I surround myself with people who lift me up and support my self-love journey
- Self-love is the ultimate act of self-care, and I choose to love myself today
- My happiness comes from within, and I will nourish it with self-love each day
Remember that self-love affirmations are meant to be tailored to your own specific needs.
It’s important to choose ones that resonate with you and your self-worth. So take some time to go through this list of affirmations and find the ones you want to use daily!
How To Use Self-Love Affirmations & Put Them Into Practice
Now that you have a list of affirmation ideas you can draw from, let’s discuss how you can start using them regularly:
Writing Down Your Affirmations In A Journal
You can set aside time each morning or evening to write out five or more affirmations that resonate with you.
Writing down your favorite affirmations allows for a deeper introspection into why these words resonate so much with you. It also gives you a place to record them that you can refer back to later.
Find out how to create your own dedicated affirmation journal from scratch using this step-by-step guide.
Say Them Out Loud
You don’t need anyone around when saying your self-affirmations, but simply speaking positively about yourself will increase its potency.
You could even go one step further by saying them to yourself in front of a mirror for what’s called mirror work.
Do you prefer audio over visuals? Why not try recording your own personal voice memos full of positive affirmations?
Listening back on these recordings will provide an extra dose of motivation and encourage constructive thinking whenever doubts creep in during the day.
You could even save the recordings on your phone, so they always stay close at hand!
Create Affirmation Cards For Self-Love
Finally, one last creative way to practice self-love is by making affirmation cards!
Using scrapbook paper and markers, write out all the different affirmations that resonate with you onto individual cards and then keep them somewhere safe, like a box or affirmation jar, for easy access when needed most.
It’s also a great idea to carry around a few cards in case any negative thoughts pop up throughout the day—pulling out one card will instantly remind you of your self-worth and get your mindset back on track.
Start Using Your Self-Love Affirmations Today
Practicing self-love should be a priority, and self-love affirmations are a great way to start the journey. Think of it as an essential part of your self-care routine. (#)
All these affirmation ideas serve as reminders that allow us to tap into our inner strength while valuing ourselves enough to permit us to pursue our dreams fearlessly!
A little bit of love and kindness will go far toward helping you become your best self—so take advantage today by using this list of self-love affirmations outlined above. Happy affirming!
More Resources Related To Self-Love Affirmations
- How To Use Positive Affirmations Effectively
- 9 Ways To Practice Gratitude For Beginners
- 11 Simple Steps To Creating A Morning Routine For Positivity
- 61 Getting Things Done Affirmations For Goals & Work Productivity
- 53 Self-Affirmations For Self-Esteem Building & Inner Growth
- Believe In Yourself: 25 Self-Confidence Affirmations To Boost Your Mood
- 42 Shadow Work Affirmations For Healing & Inner Balance